Friday, September 22, 2017

Red Curry Paste Recipe

Ah, I found the curry paste recipe for the Thai Red Curry (for Roast Duck). It was scribbled in my notepad, amongst other recipes I've copied from the Internet. I am old-fashioned as such, I find it easier to refer to a notebook than the IPad. ;)

Red Curry Paste

Ingredients
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp black peppercorns
1/2 tsp salt
10 large dried chillies (or 20g), rehydrated/soaked in warm water for 30mins, finely chopped
1 tsp grated galangal
1 stalk of lemongrass, finely chopped
6 coriander roots, washed, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp shrimp paste
8 red birds eye chillies, seeds removed

Directions
1. Dry roast cumin, coriander and peppercorns over medium heat for 2 mins until fragrant. Cool.
2. Grind them until they become powder. Add remaining ingredients and pound until a smooth paste forms.

Alternatively, which I did, add 1/4 cup of water to all ingredients and blend until smooth.


I'm sorely tempted to make the paste right now but it's too warm to be eating spicy food today!


So sorry for the last post - I was too sleepy to end it properly. I was trying to make a list of some of his current favourite books and ask anyone some suggestions for new books to try.

I am excited about going to a books warehouse sale tomorrow - I really hope I snag some good bargains. The best thing about it is that, I'm hoping to get children's book and none for me. HAH!

For me, borrowing books from the library is so much better now as the bookshelves certainly do not have space for both Brendan and my books. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment