Monday, February 17, 2014

It's February Already??

I told myself that I must not buy any more yarns because I still have tons of them.


But I couldn't resist this pastel rainbow ball which cost a mere AUD$2.00.

I started on something the minute I got home, and halfway through, I got frustrated. It takes too darn long to finish a project! Grrr. Almost finished!


Meatless Monday dinner last week was an Indian theme.

Not very impressive looking, I know. :)

Capati with aloo gobi, palak paneer, curried potatoes and dhal. We could only finish half of the meal and the rest was lunch for the next day.

Well, I have 2 small tubs each of aloo gobi and dhal in the freezer. I should have halved the recipes!

Recipes on the SBS website were referred to:

Palak paneer (I halved the recipe) 

Aloo gobi - Oops, I forgot where I got it from.

Capati's easiest recipe?

1 cup flour
1/2 warm water (mix hot water and some cold water)
1 tsp salt
1 TBSP vegetable oil

 One of those fatty breakfasts:


Quesadila.

I shall do some strength exercises now to make myself feel better ... 


I am on a self-imposed baking ban and it's killing me.

Well, not really but it is a torture.

I want to bake cookies to eat and share with friends.
I want to bake cakes to eat and share with friends.
I must stop looking at recipes, like that shortbread cookies with chocolate drizzle.

I spent too much time baking Chinese New Year cookies last month and hence the baking ban.

Hopefully I can set up a shop next year. :D

And the need to lose a couple of kilos before I return home and pig out on mum's homecooking!

Crap, I'm not even ready to return home next week.
Time really flies!

5 comments:

  1. Balik hometown next week?

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bunny!
      I have a list of things to buy and bring over, and another list for things to eat when i'm in KL haha!

      Delete
    2. Because the eating part, a whole lot of running also neeed to be included, right? ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. i'm still waiting to try your wife's wadeh ... :P

      Delete