Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Melbourne Eats: Ditzy Dani's Cafe, Preston Market

We went to check out Preston Market last December, hoping to grab some decent priced seafood. We were told that it was pretty decent over there so how could we not be curious?

I found out that rainbow trouts and salmon are cheaper over there, compared to the usual fishmongers at Box Hill Centro. About AUD$10.99 per kg, I think?

Food wise, I wasn't sure what to expect. I found a couple of rave reviews for some of its eateries, but when we were actually there, I wasn't sure.

I was curious about Ditzy Dani's cafe Dutch pancakes but to my disappointment, they reminded me of kaya balls back home.


The choices were, maple syrup and butter, cream and lemon, or something like that.

But once they served us a plate with both of choices combined, we didn't know what to make of it.

So. Not. Impressed.

Meh.

A cannoli for AUD$1.50.


We shared a cannoli while waiting for our kaya balls Dutch pancakes and I'm not sure what I was expecting. The custard filling was bland and tasted more of cream. It needed a bit more sugar.

But what do I know!

Coffee was not impressive either.

Definitely a no go for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment