Thursday, April 24, 2014

Crumbed Calamari Rings

I absolutely miss the calamari in Barcelona!
It sounds like a farce, because it was years ago and I can only vaguely recall the fresh seafood and sangria.

And the long queue for a seat in one of its restaurants.
Oh, calamari!

 

I chanced upon Taste's recipe for crumbed calamari rings. I do avoid deep frying my food at home so instead, it was a lot of work to shallow fry and flip them over every now and then.  

The recipe calls for simple steps involving:
1 shallow bowl of flour, seasoned with salt and black pepper
1 shallow bowl of egg and some water, lightly beaten
1 shallow bowl of breadcrumbs

As I didn't have 750gm of calamari, the flour and breadcrumbs were estimated for my own usage. It would be a waste of ingredients if I had too much leftover flour and breadcrumbs.

For my 1 piece of squid, I used roughly about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of flour, 1 egg, and 3/4 - 1 cup of breadcrumbs. Still had some wastage, that's for sure.

Sprinkled a bit of salt on the rings before serving.

A wedge of lemon is most necessary. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment