Friday, September 20, 2013

Two Weekends Of Fun

As I write this, all I want to do is honestly crawl back into bed and wake up only when I'm good and ready.

*bleary-eyed*

At the Melbourne Airport.
Not great at all.

We flew into Perth for the weekend and hung out with my good friends. It was great to catch up again, despite the constant food binge and reminiscence of the past, and lack of running mileage.

We even managed to squeeze in a run on Sunday morning!

Beef balls vermicelli soup for dinner.

The weather was wet and at times sunny, but still a tad bit warmer than Melbourne's crazy weather.

So happened that it was YB's birthday (thereabouts) and we had a wild berry cheesecake from The Cheesecake Shop. Interestingly, we tasted some dessicated coconut in the biscuit base and found the cream cheese and topping a bit too sweet. Too generous with the sugar/syrup, I suppose?

Miya having a giggle with Uncle YB. In the morning, she
asked Uncle YB (with a big manja smile) to share his pancakes
with her.

The bubbly and playful children of our host couldn't leave Uncle YB alone that birthday morning, sandwiching him whilst he had his pancakes for breakfast. If you're in need of a manny, you can count on him. I think. :D

Aunty Yvonne didn't do too bad either, though I think I'm clueless about playing with boys. :)

Spent the weekdays wandering around Perth's CBD and snagged myself a few clothes on sale (AUD$21.00 for 3 items is not too shabby). Except that they're more appropriate for summer. :D

I was tired most of the time. I needed proper rest and food, and some runs. I've never felt so ill-prepared for a run/race before, so forgive me for the lack of excitement.

The 250ml can is just so cute!!!
 
We're driving up to Anglesea (Great Ocean Road) this evening for our Surfcoast Century briefing for tomorrow's run. Packing is such a pain in the butt, and there's no way you can travel light, especially when you're bringing your own bedsheets and pillows and towels and food ... and not forgetting your running gear, including the mandatory items.


First aid kit, thermal top and windproof jacket are compulsory and goodness knows how I'm going to squeeze everything into my small bag. 

Being part of my first 100KM event should be fun and exciting. It's a shame that they don't have a 50KM duo category which YB and I would have signed up for. Only team relays or solo running for the 100KM are available. I will be running Leg 4 for my team, and who knows, I could be running in the evening. We are hoping that we will be able to run together during this leg (as YB is running Leg 3 and 4 for his team) but at this point, we are rather doubtful of our chances. Let's just see how it goes.


Weather forecast says it's rainy tomorrow.

Oh crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment