Monday, February 27, 2012

Bukit Tabur, A Short Hike


Most part of Sunday was spent hiking up Bukit Tabur to show Andrew around, since he previously mentioned that he hadn't been there before.

This cat greeted us as we were walking towards the start (at the foot of the hill near the entrance to the damn) and we couldn't help but to grab the opportunity to take a picture of its beautiful light blue eyes.

We missed an opportunity to take it rubbing against a brown dog, though. It was a really lovely sight which warmed our hearts.

Awwww.

There were many cars parked alongside the road, so we knew the hills were going to be crowded, and we didn't look forward to it.

The view is still amazing as ever but it was extremely warm and hazy.

We didn't see the blue skies until we reached the final peak and stopped for a short break.

I think the last time we were here at Bukit Tabur was two years ago when we brought Nur for a hike. That seems like such a long time ago.

How patriotic! Someone left a flag up there.

Once again, we never know where to go for food after our Tabur hike. We ended up at KFC instead!

~*~*~*~
I baked last night and I am gutted that my chocolate cake didn't turn out as I expected. Oh well. It was my first time trying the recipe, anyway.

Thankfully, the carrot muffins (second time trying turned out OK, although it's a bit sweet to my liking.

Off to bed! I'm going to have a hard time waking up in 6 hours for work. =(

Hope your weekend was fab!

~*~*~
P.s. Jaime, thanks for the idea, but I was actually thinking of something along the lines of chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting. But I may just end up ordering a cake from the bakery because I'm feeling a tad bit too lazy, now! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment