Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Dream Trail Indeed, FRIM



We took ourselves to FRIM last Sunday morning to venture on a new trail. Did you know that they have a lot of trails which we've yet to run?

When you stare hard at the picture above, you wouldn't believe we have such a breathtaking place right here in Kuala Lumpur.



When you enter the main entrance of FRIM, take the right lane up towards Rumah Bujang. It's a bit of slope to run up to, but you'll have the lane all to yourself!

It was a very cool morning that day, as it rained the night before. Ah, you would have loved that morning in FRIM.


Arriving at Rumah Bujang, you'll have a choice of turning left onto the Dream Trail or head straight on to the Bukit Bujang Trail.


We decided to head on straight.

See a little cottage on the right of the picture?


It was someone's quarters!

We kept really quiet outside the house and took pictures of ... well, I took pictures of their sunflower.

 


We went left.

Next time, we'll go right. ;)


The Bukit Bujang Trail will eventually lead you to the Dream Trail so just keep left when you come to a junction.

The trail is a wide one, flat with a gentle incline every now and then. Not much, that's for sure.

It was a lovely trail with just YB and I crackling on fallen leaves, except for two guys on their mountain bikes.

They actually apologised for interrupting our run!



It was quiet.

You'd feel one with nature in that silence.


The Dream Trail eventually joins Rover Trail and we were sad to have our run end so quickly. 

It was so serene to have the trail all to ourselves and to join back to civilisation was just ... different.

We were inclined to turn around and run along the Dream Trail again instead of joining the crowd!


Not sure where I stepped but check out the love grass intertwined with my shoelaces! And only on my right shoe.

I didn't realise I had leech bites until the end of my run. Two on my right and one on my left!


I can't wait to go back there again!

~~~~~~
I did a bit of research on the Internet and found that the Dream Trail was 'built' by a group of mountain bikers - FakawiTribe : Building the FRIM Dream Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment