Monday, November 5, 2012

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

OK, I'm not too sure what it really should be called, but I believe I taste more of the oats, so surely I should call them Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies instead?

I was browsing through the Internet for blogs and websites to read, whether on running or cooking or arts and crafts but eventually I did a random search for chia seed cookies.

And I came across Yummy Mummy Kitchen's recipe.

It was a relief to know that I had all the ingredients available at home, and a trip to the supermarket wasn't required.

Last Saturday, I found myself ironically energetic despite the desperate need for a shuteye, I also wanted to BAKE.

I missed being domesticated and playing host over dinner for a few friends.
*shrug*

Anyway, I was extremely happy to note that this recipe has one of my favourite food: peanut butter!

 Mixed with butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.

Mixed with rolled oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, flour and chocolate chips.

I've run out of chia seeds, by the way. :(

They look like burger patties. :D

And ...

They look so healthy that I was afraid. Really afraid.

And I was right.

Freshly baked, I didn't like the taste of the rolled oats. I can't pinpoint exactly what the issue is, but perhaps my guinea pigs who had a bite the other night can assist me?

I felt that it needed more chocolate chips.

I was so disappointed that I didn't dare to offer to anyone else these cookies, except a handful. (Pity them, I must say. Forced to eat my cookies that night!)

I was sorely tempted to chuck them out but decided to keep them for a few more days.

Last Monday, I took a few to work as my breakfast, crossing my fingers that I would not make a face at the taste of the oats.

Imagine my surprise when I took a tentative bite, and to find it ... OK?

As I finished up my cookie and grabbed another, puzzled.
The raw taste of oats had disappeared.

Hmm.

I need to study this carefully next time!

Go to Yummy Mummy Kitchen's recipe right now, if you want to try it.
Add 3/4 tablespoon of flax seed for some crunch!
And maybe another 1/2 cup of choc chips. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooo yes, more chocolate chips please! They do look and sound healthy but also very yummy! Try blitzing the oats before adding to the mix x

    ReplyDelete