Saturday, May 11, 2013

Skechers GOrun Ride Ultra

Being in a community where running is an up and coming scene, the place to be seen (pun! :D), our attire and shoes may sometimes attract the attention of fashionistas and well, people in general. :)

I am extremely pleased to see more women runners wearing bright and colourful shoes these days. Years ago when I started running, I hated the limited choice of bright coloured shoes (save for Nike), especially when I could only choose the ones suitable to my foot type. Old fashioned white and grey or blue were sooooo dull!

Grey and blue, instead of my usual love for pink shoes! :)

Last year, I had the privilege of being provided with a pair of Women's GOrun Ride from Skechers Malaysia for a review. (My first impression and take on the shoes were previously stated here and here.) Loving the bounce and responsiveness of its soles, I decided to buy the Women's GOrun Ride Ultra to add a bit of colour to my collection of running shoes.

I *love* the hints of pink beneath the mesh

The only visible difference between the two is the slightly thicker mesh to the upper as well as the colour combinations. Otherwise, both shoes remain similar with its nearly weightless synthetic and mesh fabric upper. 


Ooh please disregard my mud-stained socks.
I love the pink and blue in my shoe - it rhymes!

The more cushioned Resalyte midsole provides sufficient comfort without compromising the flexibility of the shoes.

In fact, there so nicely cushioned that I tend to treat them as the shoes for traveling.

On an elephant ride in Chiang Mai.

Even if you don't want to take them running, the GOrun Ride will you serve you well as a pair of walking shoes.

You do know the reason why I chose the blue pair of GOrun Ride Ultra, don't you?


See this post. :)

3 comments:

  1. Errr... what's the reason?

    Match your blue running dress? ;p

    p.s. I am so glad I can now choose running shoes that is not ugly white. The brighter the better I say. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha right on!

      brighter?? er, any intentions of getting a pair of fluorescent yellow ones?

      Delete
    2. I wish I can. ;)

      Pink + fluorescent yellow = matchmade in running shoe heaven. :P

      Delete