Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Skechers GORun Ride - First Take


Years ago, say, when I was a young adult, people would associate Skechers with their funky casual shoes. Their ambassadors included the likes of Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Carrie Underwood ... and Sammi Cheng is the first Asian ambassador for Skechers.

But forget them.

Skechers exploded into the serious running scene when Meb Keflezighi wore the Skechers GORun to set a personal record as the first American to cross the finish line in the 2012 NYC Marathon.

In the 2012 Olympics, Meb Keflezighi was fourth to cross the finish line in the Marathon event.

The skeptics must have had a hard time digesting that piece of news right then and there!
 
I have a pair of GORun Ride to try out and I really can't wait!!

I chose the blue/coral colour.


My first impression was, "Omigosh! It's so light! Really light!"

REALLY LIGHT.

It weights only 5.9 oz (for women's) which is about 167grams?

Its Resalyte cushioning is really soft material, which takes away the weight from the shoes. I like!!


With independent circular sensors on its soles, they remind me of those circular pillars on Lego bricks. ;D


These GOimpulse pillars located almost in the centre of the soles are not as pronounced as the ones in the GOrun shoes so you don't feel them as much as you would in the GOrun. They add stability and control to your foot landing.

As I'd like to believe that I am more of a mid foot striker, I'm eager to find out whether this pair of shoes will assist me further in ensuring that I land mid foot all the time. 

That will be efficient running, baybehh!

Tomorrow.
I will take them out tomorrow.


Other reviews:
Penonton
Jamie Pang
Happy Feet
Birthday Shoes

~~
A Quick Ride with GORun Ride - I finally took them out!

2 comments:

  1. I've put in quite a bit of mileage in them already and they're a pretty good pair of shoes, be it for training or even an actual race.

    Happie Feet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick!

    I only managed to take them for a ride last night, just some hill reps but so far, they're really lovely. however i think my right foot may not agree though! hmmm...

    ReplyDelete