Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Anticipation and Anxiety

It's Rat Race this afternoon and I'm a nervous wreck.

Tummy ache.

I can't remember the last time I felt this nervous, but maybe at the Fubon Taipei Marathon last year. I needed to achieve my sub-5 target.

Thank goodness I did. ;)

Nervous and worried.
It is the anticipation of a competitive run where I am competing with only myself, for a better time.

Three years ago it took me 28 minutes. Two years ago it took me 26mins. Last year I opted out due to a sprained ankle.

What will it be this year?

It is the anxiety of finishing slow and thereby affecting your team's performance.

It is the anxiety of disappointing the team as a whole when you know they're counting on you.

Wait, since when was I considered the fastest girl from my company when i never finish top ten in major events??

Gahhh.


I'm hiding in the office loo as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment