Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fudge Brownies, yum!

A few months ago when I made brownies for the first time, I was disappointed with the results. They weren't fudgy but instead, dry.

Lynn shared this recipe with me, one which she guaranteed to be fudgy. I confessed that I had lost this recipe which she had shared with me last year and had to find another one from the Internet instead.

This recipe is absolutely awesome, I admit. (I never knew brownies were so easy to make!!) It is so good and soooo simple that each time I smell it baking in the oven, I get really excited!


I know it doesn't look enticing in this photo (the surface must not crack!) but trust me when I say it's a good recipe to use to impress the socks off your husband, friends and colleagues.

Please try it and let me know what you think!


Because, I've been wanting to make it again but I have no occasion for it!


Want to make one right now?


FUDGE BROWNIES
adapted from Tasty Kitchen's Salted Fudge Brownies
Ingredients

1 1/2 stick of butter (I used 250gm of butter)
2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped (I used bitter or dark chocolate)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups of sugar (I used only almost 1 cup)
3 whole eggs
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup all purpose flour
Directions

1. Wrap your 9-inch square pan with foil. Makes it easier to extract the brownie out later. Preheat oven at 175'C. I put mine at 155'C.
2. Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate in pan over very low heat. Stir occasionally.
3. Remove from heat. Whisk.
4. Add cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla and flour. Whisk.
5. Pour batter into the pan and smooth surface with rubber spatula.
6. Bake for about 30 - 35minutes, until the edge is set but the centre is still moist. Insert toothpick in the centre and it comes out coated with a little batter.
7. Cool for an hour.

 P.S. I'm sure they taste exceptionally lovely with some vanilla ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment