Monday, September 3, 2012

Brooks Goes Green!

Some of us donate our old shoes to charity or just chuck them away into the trash as they have long exceeded their suitability for use.

And don't you just hate spring cleaning your house and coming across a mile-high pile of shoes and other unused items? Recently I went through that dreaded activity again as we were moving out of our home and I had to make a very tough decision to throw or give away SO MANY pairs of shoes.

BAD TIMING.
I'll tell you why in a bit.

From my earlier post on How to Choose Your Running Shoes, some of you may have gathered by now that maybe, just maybe, that current pair of running shoes you are wearing right now may not be right for you!

But before you chuck them into your dustbin in frustration and rush off to buy a new pair from your favourite brand, did you know that you can PAWN them at your nearest Brooks' outlet for RM150??



Yup, yup. 

See, I told you it was bad timing on my part to donate or throw away my old pairs of shoes! ARGHHHHH! 

I could have made some moneyyyyy! 

And buy me new pairs of shoessssss!

Having said that
my current pair of Brooks do look a wee bit miserable as if begging for retirement so I really should give them to Brooks in exchange for that RM150 rebate voucher. =D

 Brooks has a new range of shoes, you know.

The new and groovy Cascadia 7 caught my eye!

But that's for trail running.

Oh oh, the new Ghost 5 is a beauty too!! *swoon*

I want this one for the roads!


The other day, I was there to witness Joyce do her part in the Brooks Go Green campaign.

She chose a pair of GREEN shoes. ;D

 The Cascadia 7 called out to her.

Lame, I know!

But I caught your attention, didn't I?

Joyce made sure that she had enough room to wriggle her toes.



Why should you contribute to the Brooks Go Green campaign?

1. Your old pair of shoes = RM150. What's there not to like? Who else would give you RM150 for your old pair of shoes? =)

2. Buy a pair of Brooks shoes together with your rebate voucher and walk away feeling happy!

Brooks' creation of BioMoGo midsoles makes their shoes very environmentally friendly - it's biodegradable.

I know, I know. I sound as if I'm writing a Science essay, throwing in these fancy terms to impress but put it this way, once Brooks' shoes are thrown away for good and they go deep into the landfill, their MoGo compound encourages anaerobic microbes to munch away at the midsoles.

Nom nom nom.  
It's true!



Which means, instead of traditional shoes taking up to 1000 years to degrade, BioMoGo degrades 50 times faster.

Cool or what?

At least with Brooks' shoes, you'd feel good about yourself because you're being a environmentally responsible consumer. Thumbs up.

And get PAID to be green? RM150, anyone?

So get digging people! Trade those old shoes in any Brooks' outlets nationwide! 



Valid from 1st to 30th September 2012.
RM150 Rebate Voucher is applicable only for selected models:
Glycerin 10, Ghost 5, Ravenna 3, GTS12, Trance 11, Cascadia 7,
Pure Connect, Pure Flow, Pure Cadence & Pure Grit

 For more details, go to Brooks Malaysia website at http://brooksmalaysia.com.



My shoes are ready to biodegrade ...

2 comments:

  1. what? should have told me! i just bought my Brookes a month or two ago LOL :S grrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Steph! Trade in your older pair for the voucher, then!

    ReplyDelete