Hey hey, I thought I'd interview myself. Just in case you've never read enough about me. ;)
1. I have only been running for about 3.5 years. I started running because I wanted to lose weight, and get fit.
I think I lost 5kgs and I have managed to maintain my weight since then. I'm not telling you about the extra weight I lost during my wedding preparation, etc because I have gained some of it back! Boo~
2. I am grateful to have the hubby as a running buddy because by the time we return home from work, it's rather late and despite that fact, we'd force ourselves to go for a run just to be sure we maintained our weight and fitness.
Also, if we're training for a run/event, we know that the mileage counts towards training.
3. I am more or less happy with where I am right now, feeling fitter than I was years ago. Of course, I wish I was a faster runner but I know that comes with a price - commitment, dedication and sacrifice.
I miss sleeping in during the weekends. I spend most of them (weekends) struggling to get out of bed early just to clock in a run. I'd toss and turn and put my alarm on snooze repeatedly, and I'd ponder, "Should I or should I not?"
90% of the time I'd tell myself, "Don't Think, Just Run!" - the Dutamas Runners' motto.
I know it's cliche but hey, it works!
Basically I tell myself to shut it and don't ask myself questions, just get out and be done with it!
4. I started wearing Brooks since the 3rd quarter of 2010, if I'm not mistaken. Oh well, I can't remember. Basically the Adrenaline GTS 11 is my 2nd pair from Brooks.
5. The GTS 11 is my choice for important runs/events but to be honest, it's my only pair for road runs! I do have a pair of New Balance racers but it hasn't seen much action of late.
Three of us from the group went home with Top 10 prizes and it was really cool.
Although it was just a 3.6km race, but we did our best anyway.
I was approached by a girl who claimed to be a reporter from somewhere and she interviewed both KYK and I in Mandarin. To this very date, we don't know where that 'interview' was published!
Or maybe it wasn't. ;)
That was our warm up run for our main marathon in December last year: the Fubon Taipei Marathon.
Initially we wanted to participate in the Putrajaya Night Run Marathon but so happened that there was none held last year!
Hubby and I did a 5km customisation run in Taipei, a few days before the Fubon Taipei Marathon 2011.
The run was a very painful one for me, as my cramps started as early at 20km. It was really frustrating and I felt defeated. I struggled with a walk/jog/walk/run concept and well, I managed to cross the finish line before its cut-off time - 4:57!
Nothing to shout about, I know, but hey, at least I managed to finish it! =)
I have NO pain at all from my pair of Brooks. It's comfortable enough for whatever distance run. NO blisters either!
6. I wouldn't mind getting the Adrenaline GTS 12 this year, but the colours are kinda ... strong for me.
But hey, if you're considering swapping your old shoes or sandals for Brooks' Go Green RM150 Rebate voucher, you'll be saving some money of your new pair.
The current pair of GTS 12 is retailed at RM459. So with the RM150 rebate voucher, you pay only RM309. It's a good deal, if you ask me!!
Check out the amount of old shoes left at Brooks, The Curve!
Come on, let's Go Green and Run Happy!