Monday, June 20, 2011

Punjabi Baingan Bharta

I have been wondering about a particular Indian eggplant dish I had in London some years ago but cannot for the life of me recall its name.

YB and I both love eggplant that we're more than happy to let it be part of our diet. I don't think there are disadvantages from consuming too much eggplants, are they? Check out the brief history.

I tried this recipe just because it sounds pretty simple. I had to do plan for about a week before I could cook this dish, because I had to buy the ingredients from two different grocery stores... you know, because i don't have all the spices!

Chop chop chop!

Once brinjals are roasted, peel off the skin .... oh my, that was pretty exciting for me!

I only used half a chilli.

My new toy! It's like a rattle! Rat tat tat!
I bought it some time ago and I FINALLY got to use it 2 weeks ago!

Ta daa!

OK, honestly, I was disappointed. It lacked something, there was no ooomph. Curry powder, perhaps. Or paprika.

I'll figure it out the next time.


p.s. according to my calculations, i'm 3 experiments behind! aacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment