Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Overheard Last Week.

Where: Lift going down.
Time: To go home.
Who: Colleagues.


As a guy stepped in from one of the floors,

Lady: Eh, where are you going?
Guy: Going back, of course!
Lady: That’s early. Don’t you normally leave at 7pm?
Guy: Noooo, not anymore.
Lady: Where are you staying?
Guy: Sungai Buloh.
Lady: Oooh, I should get a lift from you next time!
Guy: Sure, not a problem! Sheila used to car pool with me.
Lady: Oh no, I’m just kidding! I can’t.
Guy: What do you mean, you can’t?
Lady: My husband won’t allow it, if it’s just the two of us.
Guy: Seriously?
Lady: Yes. It’s not appropriate for others to be able to look into the car and see a married woman with another man.
Guy: What if it’s an emergency?
Lady: Well, I’d have to call him and ‘ask’ for his permission.
Guy: What about work related trips? What if you have to attend a meeting with a male colleague?
Lady: Oh, that’s different. I’d still have to let him know, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment