I've always wanted to try Betty's Midwest Kitchen at Aman Suria but to date, I haven't had the chance to dine there. I heard the pulled pork burger over there is pretty yummy.
I decided to take things into my own hands - cook this pulled whatever meat I had in my fridge. I went with this recipe because it had the least ingredients. ;D
I'll summarise the steps for you.
1. Put deboned chicken into the crockpot.
2. Put in the chopped/diced yellow onion next.
3. Then in goes the diced pineapple.
4. Add dollops of barbeque sauce, up to 1/3 of the bottle. It's the size of a small bottle of Maggi's ketchup/chilli sauce.
5. Cook on high for 2 hours.
6. Remove chicken and shred them up. Put them back in and stir the ingredients. Continue to cook.
7. Two hours later, ready to serve.
During the time it was stewing in the crockpot, the aromatic scent of the barbeque sauce almost killed YB and I both. It was close to midnight by the time it was cooked!
The next day I heated it up just a bit and served it on burger buns for dinner.
Please don't be like me, I had so little chicken but so much pineapple. And don't be deceived - it was so filling that we regretted making a 3rd burger for both of us to share. We were stuffed!
p.s. This was Friday or Saturday night's dinner, just a few days after the Butter Kaya Muffins were made.