Monday, August 20, 2012

Wedding Chaos

It's been more than a year since this draft post was left here to collect dust.

Our wedding reception(s) were held last year and I guess you could say that we were glad they turned out pretty well, despite a little hiccups here and there.

For the KK reception, it was cool that most of our guests adhered to our purple theme. I thanked them profusely then and there, although many of the guests asked why wasn't I in purple.

"Ah," I'd reply, "I need to stand out from the crowd!"

For the Ipoh reception, I was sadly disappointed with my hair & make up artist from Keep Gallery. Don't use them!

I looked pale and dull for the morning ceremony and my hair didn't complement my features and wedding gown. I was really, really, really upset but hey, the show had to go on.

It didn't improve for the evening dinner either.


I ordered a pair of custom made shoes (just two weeks before my KK reception!) and she managed to use the remains of the lace from my gown for the shoes.

The pair cost RM200+ in total and well, I must say I wasn't too impressed with the workmanship but what's a girl got to do at the last minute, eh? Nevertheless, the lace on the shoes made them very pretty.

I took them out the other day to admire them and thought I'd wear them last weekend.

But behold, my feet couldn't fit in!

Either the shoes shrunk or my feet have grown fat!

I'll probably give them away to my mum or sister.

Or force my fat feet into them again ...


The entire wedding preparation was hectic and crazy, and we surely wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of our family and friends. There's no harm in asking for help if you can't handle it on your own!

~~~~
p.s. YB and I keep lamenting that we need to get married all over again, just so we can keep our weight in check! We've gained some weight, argggghhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment