Monday, August 8, 2011

Destressing With Baking

No, I don't mean to say that I was (am) stressed out but haha, I hate *cooking* up good blog post titles, ok! (was that a pun i just made?? no? maybe not then.)

My batches of cookie didn't turn out great, although I really liked the ones with M & M pieces in them (note the colourful ones) as well as the one with chunks of bittersweet chocolate and nuts (top right).

So, anyway, why is baking so therapeutic to some? Is it the process of making something from scratch to seeing something being created with just heat, and the end result of something aromatic and edible? =D

Two weeks ago, before the Segambut Charity Run, I decided to try out a Pumpkin Carrot Cake recipe. It looked pretty simple, and it was.

I liked what I tasted at the first bite. And that got me worried.

Because when I tasted my Banana Walnut bread this time round, I was torn. I liked them both equally!

For the Pumpkin Carrot Cake, I reduced the eggs to just 3.
For the Banana Walnut Cake, I used yoghurt instead of milk.

Yin Yin kindly posed with my cakes at the Segambut Charity Run. =D

I took some for my colleagues to try and they enjoyed the Pumpkin Carrot one as well. The taste of pumpkin is so subtle, you wouldn't even know that it's there.

YB, as usual, prefers the Banana Walnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment