Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blondies & Brownies

Last Thursday morning, I decided to bake some coffee muffins. I laid out all the ingredients on the table the night before so I would save some time.


Looks alright, eh?

The recipe needs to be tweaked just a little. Another teaspoon of coffee and a cup of chopped walnuts, the muffins would be awesome!

That evening, I tried 2 other recipes, Chocolate Chip Blondies and Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies.

What I didn't know was that it was the cake version of brownies. Which, you know, didn't gather much enthusiasm with everyone. =(


Despite the cakey texture, this was a hit among the colleagues as it wasn't too sweet. They liked the burst of chocolate chips.


This however, was a disaster. Apparently it was too sweet. And what is WITH the freaking cakey texture?

OK, I imagined that was what went through their minds. =P

p.s. I zapped a few pieces of the peanut butter nutella brownies and they turned out crispier, like biscuits. Tasted much better that way.

1 comment:

  1. So when is this food post going to be replaced with your virgin marathon story?? Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete