Friday, September 2, 2011

Tui Na Massage

Oh. My. Goodness.

I could have screeched at the top of my lungs but I bore the agony of it all. 60mins of pure torture on the top of my back and 30mins of calm (lower back and legs).

For a steal at RM99.50.

You see, I've never heard of "tui na" before until Lynn mentioned it (I honestly thought she was speaking gibberish or she was just too poncy with all these fancy schmancy massage names). And since YB and I were looking around for places to go for deep tissue massage, we settled with the tui na massage as the rest of the places couldn't accommodate the both of us.

Check out "tui na" on the Internet and you'll find that they describe it in such soothing and flowing terms, like this, "Tui Na uses rhythmic compression along energy channels of the body, as well as a variety of technique that manipulate and lubricate the joints." (source)

Sniff.

And then I asked Lynn whether it hurt and she immediately replied, "Like a bitch."

Right.

So I was warned, but we went ahead anyway.

Never again!

We wanted more focus on the lower back and the legs (our legs were tired from hill training on Wednesday and a 12km run yesterday morning) but sadly this was not the case. We should have mentioned it, I supposed.

Today, both my legs and the top of my back are sore - for different reasons.


Please, can anyone recommend us a place for good massage (for sore muscles, like deep tissue massage) and a good price, where the therapist/masseuse will focus on where you tell them to?

2 comments: