Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ante, Solaris Dutamas

Ante Kitchen & Bar caught my attention one night as I was leaving Bestari. A porky place, I mused. Immediately I told myself it was time to bring some friends along to try out the place.

Looking nice and airy on a wet Sunday afternoon.
Especially when one of the owners came out to tell me that their coffee is much better than a certain cafe (which I will not name) in Bangsar.

Coffee & Chocolate drinks are priced as follows: Cappuccino (RM8), Cafe Latte (RM9), Long Black (RM7), Espresso (RM6), Mocha (RM12), Chocolate (RM11) and Affogato (RM9).

I opted for the cappuccino which was served in a small cup. Why?
The cappuccino was good, but I was puzzled as to why it was served in a cup smaller than AC's cafe latte.

Cafe latte.
And when AC's cafe latte arrived, we whispered amongst ourselves, "Is that cappuccino instead? Why is the cup bigger? Isn't cafe latte served in a glass?"

Then it was time to order our food.

The salad menu.
I can't say much about its presentation.
We opted for the Crispy Pork Trotter Salad, which was crispy indeed!

Its portion is probably just nice for 4 adults. :)

Selection of pasta.

We opted for the tuna sashimi pasta and I was surprised to find it creamy with mushrooms. Not that I was complaining, because I love mushrooms! Our initial choice was carbonara but we decided against it to be on the 'healthy' side.

What I was left with - a mouthful!
We loved the creamy pasta but found that the tuna sashimi was seared for too long. It was too dry, as you can tell from the sides of the sashimi.

Now why would I opt for satay in a Kitchen & Bar?
Wanna guess what we ordered from the mains to be shared?

The Hogger Pork Ribs.

Godfather Kenny did us the honour. :D
We were disappointed with the portion of the sides of coleslaw and potato salad. There should have been be a wee bit bigger to feed us hungry folks!

Taste wise, not too bad.  There were bits of green apple in the potato salad, which was a nice surprise. :)


The ribs were succulent and tender. It just needed a bit more gravy as it was a tad bit dry. 

We also ordered the pizza with chorizo and chicken wings marinated with beer. 

Chicken wings marinated in beer (RM12).
 When they served us the chicken wings, we were appalled. The five of us stared into the pot, hoping there were more than 3 pieces of wings cut into 2. 

Nope.
That was just it.

Taste wise, nothing to shout about.

Pizza with chorizo.
I can't exactly recall the name of this pizza but bites of the chorizo was a delight.

Our bill came up to about RM46 per person (5 of us). Yikes!


Address: A2-G1-09, Solaris Dutamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur 
               (if you know where Bestari is, you'll be able to find this place!)

Other reviews:
Jennifer Moke's Blog
Eat Drink KL
Yumi's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment