Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Departure Lounge, Solaris Mont Kiara

This tiny cafe is not new.
It's just that I've never had the chance to try it out.

S and I walked into it the other day two weeks ago, he after his bike ride and I, after my morning run. Thank goodness he agreed to my choice for that morning, or I wouldn't have known where else to go.

(I did consider Tommy Le Baker, but I don't remember the way!)

After checking out the menu on the board and ticking our orders on a chit, we were given our order number in a form of a 'boarding pass'.

This number is just to allow them to call you once your drinks are ready to be collected from the counter.

The menu on the wall and a bookshelf bearing travel books by the side.
Sofa at the front of the shop.
Pick up counter on your left, and you place your orders on the right.
S opted for the Long Black (RM5.50) while I went for the Cappuccino (RM8.50). 


After a 10 minute wait, our food arrived.
We both chose the 5-item All Day Breakfast which was priced at RM12.90, toast thrown in for free.

 Scrambled eggs, baked beans, chicken sausage, beef bacon and canned mushrooms.

Scrambled eggs, hash browns, fresh mushrooms and turkey bacon. Add RM1.50 to the bill and you can upgrade your shrooms to fresh ones instead of from the can. -_-

And silly me. I thought the hash browns were small, so I ordered two!


We looked around the tiny space and pondered whether the cafe fit its name. S was not impressed and remarked, "I don't see why it's called Departure Lounge."

True.
Its decor needed more 'oomph'. The sound of planes flying over the building, maybe? :)
I kid!

But I can understand why patrons regularly dine here, as the coffee was not too bad and the big breakfast was reasonably priced.

If you're not paying attention, you may just walk past the place.

Address: 10, Jalan Solaris 4, Solaris Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Opens at 8am, closed on Tuesdays.
(It's right next to a dental clinic.)


Other reviews:
BLD with Bob & Julie
Foodeverywhere - better pictures here to illustrate the whole process and look of the cafe!
Eric Yong's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment