Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Random Noms

Sometimes I don't know why I keep taking pictures of food when I don't really know where to put them. On Facebook? Nah.

Nescafe with fresh cow's milk. 
Santa Chapati House, Jalan Tun H.S.Lee, Kuala Lumpur. 


A colleague bought me lunch as our birthday celebration (his was a day after mine) after I returned from my holiday in Perth. I chose the venue, because I was craving for something simple, either chapati or thosai.

We both ordered a cup of coffee after our meal and I loved the milkiness of my coffee, all because fresh cow's milk. =)

Sure, the taste of caffeine was diluted but I think I liked it that way.

Don't think YB would like it. =P
Tuna sandwich for lunch

OK, my packed lunch probably isn't fantastic enough to deserve some recognition. Hehe. But tuna with cheese? It was a strange combination which ... suited me just fine.

Basically, I was just too tired from our holiday so I just threw together something easy.

Besides, our fridge is out of order. =(

I'm itching to cook / bake something but sigh, the thought of a broken fridge just dampens my mood.

We headed up to Ipoh the first weekend we were back because YB had to sign some documents for his dad.

We went somewhere in Pasir Pinji for pan mee which was forgettable.

The sauce was slightly sweet, and the soup was spinach - that's all I remember.

On the way back, we drove past the Big Tree place where I enjoy their yong tau foo selection - especially the fried turnip!!

Mmmm... now I can't help but to think about it.
When we arrived back in KL last Sunday evening, we took YB's parents to Segambut for dinner. We ordered the tomato kueh teow and the sweet & sour pork with rice.

Despite their initial reservations, the PIL enjoyed the tomato kueh teow. I think my FIL was concerned it would be a bit too tangy or sour for him.


Dinner last Tuesday was somewhere in Kepong, at a restaurant called Restoran Yuen Kee. We first knew of the place when we were invited to join KYK, OKT and his friends for a new year dinner two years ago.

Bitter gourd with salted vegetable.

My PIL (parents-in-law) said that they have yet to find a restaurant in Ipoh which serves this dish. 

 Braised pork belly with salted fish.

I ate so much rice for this dish!

 Stir fried kangkung with belacan.

 Steamed fish with minced ginger.

That was a LOT of ginger!
I tried my best to scrape off the ginger before eating my portion. It wasn't easy!

The total bill came up to about RM71.00 for the above 4 dishes, 4 glasses of water and 5 plates of plain rice.


Reviews:


No comments:

Post a Comment