Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Cake

Finally, I had a reason to try one of Fatboybakes' cakes!

Last Saturday was my youngest sister's birthday. I didn't know what to get her (my attempt to crochet a Hello Kitty face was thwarted because the pattern didn't explain how to make the ears. bummer!) besides things that ... well, i didn't have time to shop. Also, kids these days have grown up so it's really hard to get presents which will be appreciated. =P

I opted for the Peanut Butter Banana Cake because 1) we love peanut butter and banana, and 2) the biscuit base was just too yummy looking for words.

Check out the layers.

When I brought it home, I was hoping she would return early from work so we could quickly cut the cake and have a partayyyy. But that didn't happen. =)

Anyway, we both enjoyed it. I was greedy the first time and cut a normal looking slice (serious!) but found it too rich. The next day I cut a smaller slice, say, one inch wide 2 inches long, and it was just nice.

It would definitely go well with coffee and a girly catch up at 4 in the afternoon.

I can't wait to try one of the durian cakes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment